Sleep is among the needs of an individual. It is very important in one's happiness, as well as, individual's optimal health. Sleep disturbances are a major health problem. Many industrial accidents, vehicular accidents, and poor school/job performances are caused by troubled sleep.
SERIOUS CHRONIC SLEEP DIFFICULTIES FALL INTO FOUR (4) MAIN CATEGORIES:
1. Disorders of Initiating & Maintining Sleep (DIMS)
- Insomnia is the primary symptom
2. Disordes of Excessive Somnolence (DOES)
- Hypersomnia (sleeping too much) is the main symtptom
3. Disorders of the Sleep-Wake Schedule
- that which includes Jet-lag and work-shift change problems
4. Dysfunctions Associated with Sleep, Sleep Stages, or Partial Arousals
- that which includes nightmares, sleepwalking, sleep-related
REASONS FOR SLEEPING AND WAKING UP EARLY
1. In order for our organs to function well the next day.
- systems and organs, when we sleep, are in process of
detoxification, removing toxic chemicals found in the body.
9pm-11pm -- detoxification process in the antibody system
11pm-1am -- detoxification process in the liver
1am-3am -- detoxification process in the gall
3am-5am -- detoxification process in the lungs
5am-7am -- detoxification proces in the colon
2. Sleeping late can disrupt the process of eliminating toxic chemicals.
3. Exactly 4am is the time when the bone marrow produces more blood.
4. "The early bird catches worms" As it was first recorded in John Ray's
A COLLECTION OF ENGLISH PROVERBS 1670, 1678, that means,
success comes to those who is well prepared early morning
as well as who works early in the morning.